Durty Bull Brewing Company is currently looking for a bartender primarily for Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Other hours may become available in the future. Hours are subject to change weekly.
Prepare and serve beverages to Durty Bull Brewing Company patrons. Serve food to guests. Maintain knowledge of beer and wine styles being served. Maintain knowledge of the brewing process. Maintain a positive attitude to create an atmosphere of gracious hospitality and service. Maintain a clean work environment and adhere to all standards set forth by Durty Bull Brewing Company. Collect payment and operate the Point of Sale system. Follow all alcohol related laws ensuring all patrons are of legal drinking age.
Include, but aren't limited to the following:
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol in accordance with NC alcohol laws
- Greet guests and take their orders
- Pour beer or wine, and serve snacks according to guest orders
- Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus, and promotions
- Educate guests about beer and wine styles being served
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, dusting, and cleaning of surfaces as needed
- Take the initiative to resolve complaints or grievances to ensure guest satisfaction
- Wash and sanitize all barware in accordance with Durty Bull standards
- Change out kegs as needed
- Prepare bar area for service including cleaning bathrooms and bar area
- Clean bar area after guests depart
- Assists in maintaining clean and orderly conditions throughout facility, Walk-ins and other Refrigerators/Freezers. Is responsible for cleaning own work area. Adheres to the “Clean as you go” policy.
- Responsible for learning, set–up, operation and close down procedures
- Days and hours may change to accommodate business needs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be friendly, courteous, and have a positive attitude
- Ability to multitask
- Must have the ability to learn to operate necessary equipment
- Must have the ability to work well with others
- Must be ready, willing, and able to perform any and all job functions assigned by management
- Successful completion of NC RASP training
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server preferred, but not required
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of beer and wine styles
- Knowledge of food and beer pairings
- Knowledge of North Carolina alcohol laws
- Ability to function under stressful circumstances while maintaining a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to operate Point of Sale system, handle money, and give correct change
- Required Math Skills: Requires the mathematical ability to do the following:
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Accurately pour measured amounts of beer and wine
- Required Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to:
- Read instructions, rules, etc.
- Write simple sentences
- Speak clearly and distinctly
Educations and Experience
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Preferred minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position
- Body Positioning: Requires the ability to lift 50 lbs. maximum, and frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires walking, standing for long periods of time, repetitive movement and using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, frequent washing of hands
- Environment: Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures. There will be contact with water or other liquids.
- Job Hazards: Requires exposure to minor burns and cuts, risk of slipping and tripping
- Durty Bull Brewing Company guarantees a Durham Living Wage minimum. This is currently $12.53 per hour (including tips).
- Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com